Apr 30, 2007

The interconnectedness of people and modern society

After rewatching the beginning of Baraka and recalling the key theme of humans as creatures who are univided from eachother I began to consider how to apply this belief in our society. If each person is connected to everyone around them then how should that impact our actions especially in a society where this belief is so foreign. I always hear people say become the change you envision in the world so I suppose the first step is to acknowledge my own unity with all of the universe and understanding that each person has the capabilities of god within them. I use god as a term for the infinite, not to imply the christian god. Our society is a reflection of protestant beliefs that served us well as settlers in a time when every action had a cost. I think now is a time for greater spontaneity, a time for people to become in touch with all of their desires and to pursue each of them with great passion and cunning.

I am attempting to turn over a new stone and pursue the desires I have with me with consistent effort. I am no longer fixated on progress in one aspect but universal growth. I want to be paid to write, ventually writing novels, to be in excellent shape and eat very healthily, I want to travel, have brilliant, loyal friends, be aware of my connection to everyone I meet, read a book a week, and continue to save money and amass new experiences.

No comments: