Apr 12, 2007

Big Egos

Tyler over at RSD has a post that is mind blowing. It's all about egos. He breaks down how your ego is the story you tell yourself about who you are. In my case I'm artistic, laid-back, cool, confident, fun, intelligent - and the list goes on. He asks what your story has prevented you from doing. Without finishing my list and looking like a total ego-maniac I can tell you it has held me back in many ways.

The belief that I (or my imaginary construct of myself) is successful has prevented me from trying new things, and challenging myself in a variety of situations. Not dancing, not cutting loose, not being goofy sometimes.

Tyler points out that people are naturally confident and content, and do not need rationalizations, it is our default state when we stop thinking and worrying about nonsense. People get all pissed off because someone is riding their ass while they're driving, and they think why are they doing this to me? Well, they aren't doing it to anyone. They simply are driving very close to you and it has nothing to do with you as a person.

No comments: