Apr 9, 2007

My progress

So far my workout program has definitely improved my strength and overall look, but I am no where near where I want to be physically. I am skinny, but I am not as defined as I used to be. I weigh 160-165 at 6'. My main problem is that my goals oscillate. I tell myself that getting to 175-180 is too much work for someone with my metabolism and that I will not be successful, or that it is unhealthy. Then I look at someone like Allen Iverson and think it would be fine if I kept improving my conditioning and maintained the same weight, which is what I have done since November. I have not maxed out on any exercises but my weights keep going up, I eat a diet consisting of mostly vegetables and fruits, with meat or shakes for protein, and oatmeal with blueberries and bananas in the morning.

My friend recently sent me an article about how cardio work is good for the brain, and I truly believe that most people are unfit because of their sedentary lifestyles. Man evolved in the wild and our bodies are used to taking action throughout the day. I had not been doing cardio at all until last week and I want to shoot for 2-3 sessions a week, of HIIT, or High Intensity Interval Training. Between that and eating a bit more hopefully by the time May rolls around I can be closer to where I wish to be. And where is that? I want to maintain this bodyweight and lose fat while increasing muscle. Everyone says this is the most difficult goal, but so far I have done just that, but without gaining any weight. Last summer I was up to 170-173 before I left for Europe but I was getting heavier and did not like it. I would like to gain 1 lb of muscle each month or 2, but how I can do that is another thing.

I am currently using Chad Waterbury's book Muscle Revolution for my plans. Right now I am starting Hybrid Hypertrophy, which looks to be the most difficult program yet. My digital camera is on the fritz but I will post pictures soon so I can monitor my progress.

No comments: