May 2, 2007

Remembering old lessons

I remember every year of college, right around finals time I would realize how much more productive I became in every aspect. My stress levels usually were even lower than during the middle of the semester since I was actually getting shit done. I graduated in December and since then I've been working only 33 hours a week. I haven't been really productive. Some days the only thing I do is hit the gym which is dismal. After reading Tyler's post last night I re-remembered this aspect of me. When I have time to kill I kill it, but when my time to myself is limited I value it and make better use of it.

Today, I worked eleven hours, had a great conversation with my friend, wrote this, goofed around in the morning with my girl, and maintained all other aspects of my life. I am going to start working 8 extra hours a week for my friend and hopefully that will kick me into appreciating and managing my time properly. If not, in a week I can add catering to my work and then really be kicking ass. I want to find the right balance, where I value and have enough free time to be productive but not so little that I'm not able to fully apply my momentum. If I'm going to work for myself I need to view my free time as time where I need to obey that voice in my head saying, get stronger, get faster, get smarter, integrate yourself more fully, get amazing ninja!

After seeing that I may be able to make some extra money I realized how heavily my increasing money loss had weighed on me. I feel so good knowing that I will be able to start to add money to my bank account and really start saving to travel or move. It had me really depressed, I mean the plan was to work at this pizzeria and make enough to save and travel when I was done. I'm 1k in the hole so far, but heating this winter and random bills helped bring on the money loss. I also began paying more of my own bills. Enough narcissism. Night, I'm going to read and get ready for another rock star day.

No comments: