Jan 7, 2009

Float Tank continued benfits

I don't believe it is a panacea, but so far the float tank experience has stuck with me. I have still gotten a little annoyed at times, but in general I feel much more clarity as well as relaxation. I have a general feeling of well-being throughout my body, which I suppose is normal but this is a more concentrated version.

I also feel more aware of where tension is in my body and of when I am tensing my face. I would like to be able to float once a month but I want to do so as continued practice in improving my awareness, not as escapism.

I think going into the tank simply to float and recharge is fine, but there is a thin line between that and sheltering yourself from reality. Financially I doubt there is a really any danger of over-doing it. I also think that without any direction or goal in mind it could quickly become indulgent.

I am curious to see how long I feel the after-effects. Anyways, I need to soon discuss the fact that I will be going back to school with the gallery people and also I need to find a volunteer position so I can get those hours out of the way in time to apply to Grad school.

No comments: