Dec 16, 2008

David Deida blowing my mind

Today on the ride home from work I was listening to some David Deida. He is a modern Tantra teacher essentially. He spoke about the immense power of women and their love. One woman who he had worked with for years was attacked in Central Park. The man had a gun and forced her to the ground. As he was raping her, she kept looking into his eyes but his eyes would not meet her gaze. Finally she put her hand on her face and said It's ok, it's gonna be ok, I love you. I love you."

The man broke down into tears and stopped. He said no one had ever told him in his entire life that they loved him. He said the park was dangerous at night and walked her home to her apartment.

I can't even imagine the amount of presence she had in that moment to give in and to see the pain in his heart instead of fighting or shutting off. As soon as I listened to this story I teared up a bit. Somehow this whole story cut through to what really was happening in both these people's lives and ended in this transformative episode. That man was changed immediately and lastingly from that experience. I am going to do my best to be fully present all day long, and practice bingo to see how i can better serve those around me.

No comments: